Services and Information
Our air duct and duct cleaningtechnicians are trained and certified by Carrier Aeroseal to expertly inspect, analyze and fix leaky air ducts with Carrier Aeroseal’s unique diagnostic inspection and duct sealing injection system.
Our system was developed in a University of California Berkeley laboratory. It enables us to perform accurate computer-assisted diagnostic inspection tests, generate reports and seal leaks internally from inside a ductwork system. This amazing heat & air-assisted injection system negates the necessity of opening walls, ceilings or floors for air duct access.
WE INSPECT, ANALYZE & FIX LEAKY AIR DUCTS
- Air Ducts -Testing & Repair NEW!
- Energy Star Approved Technology
- 75% of homes have leaky air-ducts
- PG&E – helps pay for tests and repairs in some areas
- Operating costs (utilities)
- Costs for fixing air duct leaks
Reduced home entry of
- Excess humidity
- Automotive exhaust
- Radon gas
- Fumes from stored paints, solvents, pesticides, etc.
- Cooling and heating of your house more quickly
- Delivery of more hot and cold air
- Distribution of hot and cold air throughout your house with greater uniformity
HOW WE INSPECT FOR LEAKS
Our Diagnostic Test
- An in-depth computer assisted analysis of your home’s air pressure, both inside and outside.
- A room airflow test to measure your home’s room air supply.
- A return-air test to determine if your home’s return-air grills are undersized.
- A combustion-air safety test to determine if any air is being sucked back into your home through a fireplace or furnace.
- A visual inspection of all visibly accessible air ducts that might need manual correction.
- Computer assisted to ensure that no errors are made. Upon completion of all tests, we meet with you to discuss the results.
- The amount and percentage of air leaking from your ductwork system
- Inconsistent temperature variations throughout your home
- Proper sizing of return air grilles
- Backdraft and combustion safety hazard potential for furnaces and gas heater rooms and closets
- Manual repair needs of air duct system
HOW WE FIX LEAKS
Our Sealing Process
Air duct repairs are made from inside a ductwork system with a Carrier Aeroseal heat and air-assisted injection system. This method completely eliminates the very expensive need to open walls, ceilings, floors & other inaccessible areas to make most repairs.
To start the duct sealing process, all room, ceiling and floor registers are blocked off.
A small access hole is cut into the supply or return-air plenum and a temporary collar attached. The furnace or air conditioning indoor coil and fan are temporarily blocked to avoid the entrance of sealing particles into their equipment.
Once the system is properly sealed, the patented injection machine is connected to the air duct system with a flexible plastic tube.
The exclusive Carrier-Aeroseal duct sealing system injects adhesive particles into the air duct system. The particles travel through the air duct system seeking holes and cracks that are located throughout the ductwork. The adhesive duct sealing particles attach directly onto the edges of any hole and crack effectively sealing it without coating the inside of the ductwork.
YOUR AFTER SEALING REPORT
A sealing certificate and a tightness certification are generated by our computer. The certificate shows duct leakage amounts before and after sealing, as well as a graph of the sealing process and overall heating or cooling capacity improvement. The tightness certification, affixed to your duct system, shows the tightness of the duct system after completion of the sealing process.
So from air duct repair and testing to duct cleaning, the certified professionals at Carol Flynn, Inc. can help you today. Please contact us for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is ductwork used for?
Ductworks are installed to balance the airflow in an HVAC system. The primary function of ductwork is to direct air that has been cooled back to a furnace or an air-conditioner.
Can ductwork be repaired?
Yes, but you need specialized tools and materials to contain the leakage. I simple patch of duct tape can work to seal little holes, but extensive ones require professional help.
What are the signs of leaky ductwork?
- Rising electricity bills
- Dusty home
- Uneven cooling and heating
CALL ANYTIME FOR INFORMATION, CATALOGS & PRICING
SAN FRANCISCO SF BAY AREA – AREAS SERVED
San Mateo County
Atherton, Belmont, Brisbane, Burlingame, Colma, Daly City, Palo Alto, Foster City, Half Moon Bay, Hillsborough, Menlo Park, Millbrae, Pacifica, Portola Valley, Redwood City, San Bruno, San Carlos, San Mateo, South San Francisco, Woodside
Alameda, Albany, Berkeley, Castro Valley, Dublin, Emeryville, Fremont, Hayward, Kensington, Livermore, Mount Eden, Newark, Oakland, Piedmont, Pleasanton, San Leandro, San Lorenzo, Sunol, Union City
Contra Costa County
Antioch, Brentwood, Clayton, Concord, Danville, Lafayette, Martinez, Moraga, Oakley, Orinda, Pittsburg,
Pleasant Hill, San Ramon, Walnut Creek
Santa Clara County
Campbell, Cupertino, Gilroy, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Los Gatos, Milpitas, Monte Sereno, Morgan Hill, Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Jose, Santa Clara, Saratoga, Sunnyvale
Belvedere, Corte Madera, Fairfax, Greenbrae, Kentfield, Larkspur, Mill Valley, Novato, Ross, San Anselmo, San Rafael, Sausalito, Tiburon
San Francisco County